Emperor Kangxu Sword Fittings

charles wu

Emperor Kangxu Sword Fittings - Custom Projects

Here is the Emperor Kangxi's personal 2-handed saber, preserved in a Buddhist temple. for the fittings, "qilin" or "Chinese unicorn" depicted on the fittings on the handle and scabbard. they are the really gold and silver.
photos as below.

Here is a new custom fittings base on Emperor Kangxi's sword, but custom request added. enjoyed it please.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Charles,

Thanks for showing us more of your work. Most of us engravers in the West (except Jim Kelso and Barry Hands) do not have much contact with engravers in Asia and are not very familiar with your methods, training, or design concepts. I look forward to more information from you.

Thanks,

Roger

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful work. You have really embraced the Chinese works of old. Curious, are you finding a market for your work? It certainly should end up a collector piece Charles. _ Fred

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
charles i enjoy the old dragon designs. it is a great joy to see somebody that can do this work with such passion as you do it. bless you for sharing this beautiful work.

charles wu

Sir,
Thanks very much. I make some for the local lover & collectors.

Beautiful work. You have really embraced the Chinese works of old. Curious, are you finding a market for your work? It certainly should end up a collector piece Charles. _ Fred

CJ Allan

Elite Cafe Member
VERY Nice.....!!
I need some fittings for two of my swards, but had not thought of making my own till now....
Great work Charles.......
Would love to learn your methods & style.......

Thanks for showing..... :)

charles wu

Roger,

Thanks your information and questions.
In Asia, at least in China, there are only some of the specialized school and Organization for the training, very little.
Most of us learn from the old master. and the master usual from the studio, or from the workshop. Even there is no very formal published books. But they are good at the carving skills.
Also there are some famous school, like peking univercity. and Tsinghua University, they have the course open. But the design and method are preferential. Weak at the handskills, Relatively speaking.

The current situation In China, the crafts man weak at the creativity design, The crafts skills and design are not combine well. And now it is changing step by step.

For the topic of the method, it is hard to clear it in one time. You can search some of my past thread. we may talk the details base on the Specific questions. Most welcome. Roger. Then we may know the similarities and differences

By the way, where can we get the this book? Does someone here know it? how is that? Thanks.
http://www.ganoksin.com/borisat/nenam/japanese-chasing-tools.htm

Charles,

Thanks for showing us more of your work. Most of us engravers in the West (except Jim Kelso and Barry Hands) do not have much contact with engravers in Asia and are not very familiar with your methods, training, or design concepts. I look forward to more information from you.

Thanks,

Roger

charles wu

VERY Nice.....!!
I need some fittings for two of my swards, but had not thought of making my own till now....
Great work Charles.......
Would love to learn your methods & style.......

Thanks for showing..... :)

It's the time now. Just do what you would like to do.

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for showing us your work.
There is a great, long and unbroken tradition in China and other asian countries of preserving and continuing techniques and styles.
For myself and many others it is a never ending font of knowledge and inspiration.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Nice book,I did a serach of the inside and saw a beautiful gold feather by Jim Kelso.We have some really talent out there. J.J. Charles keep up the good work.

Last edited: