Emerald ring

phil

Elite Cafe Member
Just finished this today. Boss had a moan because it took 6hrs. :mad: Never mind. Its Friday tomorrow. Ps sorry for the picture. It was a quick shot off my mobile (cellphone)

Attachments

• phone pictures 1083.jpg
    phone pictures 1083.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 197

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
He's lucky he has a man that can get this out in 6 hours. Tell him we said you need a raise! Emeralds in white bezels. Not Fun.
Layne

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very pretty ring. Did you reach benchmark? If so he should be quit and quit bi***'n. Good work. I have just recently become aware that you folks seem to be under paid for the skill required and I know that this economy is really effecting the jewelry industry retail trade. Times are getting tougher for the working people every where. Good Job - Fred

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
Looks like you done a neat job Phil, can`t comment on the 6hrs not knowing wether you made the whole thing & marked/drilled the holes or just set a pre-made casting.
I get alot of similar designs to set, depending on the customer/price as to how long i spend on them..some need banging out in an hour max to be worthwhile.
Then they nitpick under magnification :rolleyes:
You can`t win working under a boss.
Something like this pays about €25, which means it needs to get done in a max of 1hr to make a passable hourly rate..(being self-employed i need to do 2 in that time), you could easily spend abit longer if your calling the shots pricewise, which could be something like a €75 I would imagine.
All depends on wether your doing work for a manufacturer or an independant store.

Last edited: