Earlier pre-viewed gun finished

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks All for the kind comments!

A lot of time in this one but I did get a short break when it went off for hardening after the gold went in.

I believe this one will be shot, but not too much I hope.

It's also nice to produce different ways in Photoshop of showing it off :)

Phil

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have a hard time deciding which of your works I like the best. The multicolored gold side lock certainly up there real high. This one is truly stunning. Your early work of the Royal Family has elegance beyond dispute as does the Lord Nelson Portrait. The Paper weight and matching gun are both some to behold. I love your sculpting, particularly the African scenes. I don't think I have a favorite yet. I do have a blow-up of the Multi-colored Sculpted Side Lock with your name on it, just to keep me humble and honest in evaluating my own pitiful efforts. Fred

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have said many times that everyone reaches their own level with whatever they are pursuing, not just engraving! It's a natural thing. If I practiced hard enough, it's possible that I could copy a Steve Vai number, I have done this with Jeff Beck, ok, the final result was pretty good, but that doesn't make me Jeff Beck as he comes out with a lot of stuff in his playing that I wouldn't think of doing! These guys are just naturals and what they have in their heads is unique.

So, back to engraving, strive to produce work that the very best engravers do, set you're mark high, aim for it, but don't be disappointed when you don't get to 100%, you will have done your best and that's what counts ;)

Phil

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It's a bloody masterpiece if there ever was one! Stunning, amazing...fantastic!

Latest posts

Sponsors