DuraCoat Firearm Finish

tonytigerhk45

Elite Cafe Member
Has anyone used the DuraCoat Finishes on any engraved article (guns, knife's, practice plates) anything. Doe's it fill in the engraving to much and wash it out or can the engraving be seen. I want to get some and use on my key fobs and wanted to know if anyone has used it yet on engravings.

Might be worth a try. I've used it on a couple of guns in my shop and the small stamping shows quite well. Remember that tho not a have to it is recommended to lightly abrasive blast the surface for best adhesion so you would want to be careful. I'm gonna look in my junk pile and see if I have something with something engraved (rolled in) and give it a try. Will post results. Mike

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just had a model 50 Winchester barrel coated with that stuff a week ago and it scratches right off. However, it was polished to better than 400 and not blasted so that may have something to do with it but you shouldn't have to make everything you use that stuff on a matte finish just to get it to stick.

I'll use moly coat next time and bake it especially on a cheap gun like that, that was pitted. SOLD.