Drawing scroll on to the ceiling.

sinan

[video=youtube;YW5X67knx8c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW5X67knx8c&feature=related[/video]

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sinan,
You do amazing work. I have never seen anyone push a paintbrush without the tip collapsing; and you don't even have to look when you dip it into the paintpot

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
very impressive! but it made my neck & shoulders ache just watching the video. i don't even like finishing drywall on ceilings...

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sinam,

Thank you for posting this video, it is mesmerizing!

I am so impressed by the obvious confidence in every stroke, and very impressed to see the skill and confidence in the use of the support stick and 'pin striping' brush technique and your mastery of the leaf elements, etc.

Engravers can benefit by watching this and other pinstripe-ers, noticing the smoothness of their curve strokes.

Thank you

Rod

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
no link appeared for this. was unable to view. so andrew-- you were a "walldog" ? i was in the old days. nearly killed myself on one job- my leg pierced thru a tin roof. scared the stuff out of me too !

Andrew Biggs

so andrew-- you were a "walldog"

Yip..back in the day. I did my apprenticeship with brush, mahl stick and paint pot. Back then there was no such thing as the weather or winter. The job had to get done. Many a time I had to prize the fingers off the paint pot with the other hand. I did that for years before the computer run machines started making inroads into the industry. Thank goodness organisations like Letterheads are keeping it alive.

Cheers
Andrew

sinan

I am sorry that I didn't mentioned I am not doing this art. I had mentioned in my second message but it hasn't published. My messages going through moderators and maybe they didn't see it.

These artists are called as nakkas. Name of this Nakkas on the video is Akif UZAN.

[video=youtube;zn5Ui0KHjic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn5Ui0KHjic[/video]

This nakkas is Nihat OĞUZ. He is painting a mosk in Belgium.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yes, yes, yes- andrew. thank god for my 30" summa plotter. no fun, no skill needed, but esp. no aggravation the way we used to do that stuff.