download threads

mark 36

Ive seen on the forum somebody downloads the threads they want to a file of their choice on there computer that way they dont have to go page by page like Im doing right now to find what they want. Does anybody know how to do that????

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Copy Paste in different folders and subfolders with the right folder names on it;
Just organising

I make copy's of text, tutorials and photos I like to have on my computer, I use copy paste. :)

arnaud

PS, you could download a tool to copy the whole cafe, but that makes no sence as it is already here.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I open a word processor (I use OpenOffice but Word would do) and cut & paste over to it.

Bit of a pain - I have to cut the text, then copy over the images, then the next bit of text, etc. but in the end I have it all nice and neat.

As Arnaud noted you can use the 'File / Save As...' feature of your browser to save a copy of the web page.

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud does "finaly after 30 years, I found the right pencil and paper" refer to graver & metal?
Kevin P.

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Just another possibility is to use site called printwhatyoulike.com. There you can load an web page and leave only the stuff you need. Then save as PDF or HTML. I just for example did this thread as PDF. There's more work involved, but might be worth your while.

Attachments

• cafe.pdf
    23.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

CRW

Elite Cafe Member
The way that I keep the threads is just right click on the page of the thread I want and click add to favorites, and then click add on the folder I want it to be in. I have named a THREADS folder. All this is done in Internet Explorer.
Works great.

Latest posts

Sponsors