Download free!! must for engravers: Specimens de la décoration et de l'ormentation!!!

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
This book "Specimens de la décoration et de l'ornementation au XIXe siècle by Liénard"
is for the ones who know it and especially in Belgium the bible of ornament and nowadays hard to find ore in the 400$ range..
But i found a download!!!! And thought well for those willing to learn :)I'll share it you can download it for free!! In pfd or image per image in JPG

This book inspired me the last 2 years i have drawings of Lienard sticked to the ceiling so when i go to sleep i have a look at it and think about ornaments... Yeah i'm sick^^ I worked like 16h a day 7/7 the last 2 years understanding ornament drawing ornament and engraving.

For image per image ore printing ore PDF just want to have a look ore you can even buy a reproduction

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b85565468/f1.planchecontact.r=.langEN
Have a nice sunday!!!

Last edited:

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
And for those who don't understand French "Télécharger": Download "Imprimer"; Print
If one edits the URL by replacing the langFR with langEN and hit enter, all the controls will appear in Anglaise

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you DKanger!

It was like 2 o,clock in the morning local time when i found and directly posted it so i was a bit tired and it did not feel to my attention. So now i changed the link to english!

Thank you again!!

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Bram for this great book. Most of the books I have for studying engraving and design are not Belgium, so this one is more than welcome.

arnaud

phil

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks from England too. I love books like this. Such a limited amount of them around.

Sponsors