Diamonds in the Rough

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Was looking at my strawberry plants this morning and noticed this interesting phenomenon......the dew had formed little diamonds on the tips of each lobe.

How about an strawberry leaf pendant with diamonds set on the tips, or a practice plate of the veins?

You should be able to supersize the pics by clicking on them twice.

Attachments

• diamond1.jpg
    diamond1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 112
  • diamond2.jpg
    diamond2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 109
  • diamond3.jpg
    diamond3.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 135

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Interesting observation. I don't know if it is just me but before I started engraving, I never noticed things like that. Now I am far more aware of the details of nature, art, and architecture.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rog,
I used to spend a fair amount of time afield doing bird photography and always used to carry my camera with me. I would often see other interesting things, like spider webs glistening with dew or interesting plants or scenes, and snap a shot of them. Engraving just adds another perspective which wasn't present then.

I remember one of the terminus of the Orient Express in DaNang. The old roundhouse still had some steam locomotives in the yard. One was covered with some type of vine that had beautiful pink flowers on it; and I took several photos. Unfortunately, I always used ISO 100 Kodachrome slides for my pictures and trays of them are languishing in the attic. I need to buy one of those slide converters and digitize them all some day, as I have a lot of really neat, unique pics.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Vietnam had some really strange plants, like this tree. I'm on the right just before going out on ambush.

Attachments

• RVNJTStJean[1].jpg
    RVNJTStJean[1].jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 53

James Miller

Was looking at my strawberry plants this morning and noticed this interesting phenomenon......the dew had formed little diamonds on the tips of each lobe.

How about an strawberry leaf pendant with diamonds set on the tips, or a practice plate of the veins?

Some years ago I made a single life size rose in 18ct gold and enamels. I added some diamonds to the edge of the petals just as morning dew.

Attachments

• 081- Rose and ivy.jpg
    081- Rose and ivy.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 37

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
As photographer's luck would have it, I discovered a field full of thistles and trees that had hoar frost on everything. I took lots of photos. Here's just one.

Attachments

• DSC_8021.jpg
    DSC_8021.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 29

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
James, your rose is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.

Mike, the thristle looks almost like a frosted glass sculpture. Great picture.

Best.

Latest posts

Sponsors