Question: design transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I have never used transfer magic. I have looked at transfer examples on their site and it looks great. I have heard that some transparency sheets don't work as well as others. Is that true? If so, what sheets work best? Also, will any inkjet printer acceptable? If I decide to try this I will need to get an ink jet. I would want to go for cheap as I currently use a laser printer.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Laser works fine with acetone, if you already have the laser printer. Just make sure that when you apply it to the back side of the paper with a paper towel or Q tip you don't flood it on.

Wait a biit before you burnish. Too wet and it will blur... There's a "sweet spot" where it works perfect.

Brian

Last edited:

John P. Anderson

Elite Cafe Member
Everyone has a secret transfer method don't they? I use a HP Laserjet and pencil drawing Fixative. Spray with fixative, place your laser print down while it's tacky, burnish a bit. After it sets a few minutes wet your finger and roll off the paper like a wet beer bottle label. The trick is laying the paper down when the fixative is tacky but not wet.

I love laser printers from my computer support days. They're reliable and cartridges never ever plug up even if it hasn't been used in years. I keep an eye out for used HP Laserjets at Sally Annes, rummage and surplus sales. They're cheaper than buying new toner cartridges. I have three extras at the moment. One is a huge network printer and the toner cartridge will probably last me 10 years on my duty cycle. So if your driving by and need a laserjet.....

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
easy answer-- go to the tips section and the forum as well. use your search bar. there's a truckload of info regarding transfers. this has been covered extensively.

g.rohrbaugh

Elite Cafe Member
As Monk said there are a lot of tips on the forum regarding this subject. I'm using Toms white magic, using a HP 3050 print scan copy printer and 3M Transparency film with good results.
Gary

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You can use the transfer solution and the transparencies in your laser too. I do it and it works great.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I drive through Havre a few times a year. I will try to remember to stop in. PM me your address and phone number. I will go through there next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Sponsors