Demonstrating Hand Engraving at a local Art show

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Hi everyone I just finished a Art Show this last week in San Luis Obispo at one of my Jewelry customers "Then Gold Concept" They allowed me to be their guest artist for the night. I was able to give a live demonstration on the art of hand engraving and the show was great. I had allot of people who came in and watched and asked questions. The owners were amazed, they told me at the end of the show they had people thanking them for a live demo since most of the artist only come and show their art work with no demo. I am planning on doing more of these this winter. Following are a couple of pictures Gold Concept Show 1.jpg Gold Concept Show 2.jpg Gold Concept Show 3.jpg Gold Concept Show 4.jpg

Last edited:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice pictures Bill, I have the same experience in demonstrating pottery, the people are amazed and it's fun to tell them about your passion.
Must be a good time for you.
I hope I will have the same experience one day in engraving.... ;)

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Bill, That was a smart move and it will pay in the end,I have been doing gun shows for near 40 years.Like your set up at the jewelry store. J.J.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
that's the best way to showcase the art of hand engraving. when folks see this, they'll likely never forget the experience. hopefully those folks will consider getting some done for themselves.

Latest posts

Sponsors