Cutting straight lines

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You probably know, “Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowedâ€￾
In this case I had to make some Ti wedding rings and adding a golden band around them that I made using the gold of the grandparent’s wedding rings.

These are a lot of cuts, all strait lines at random. You might say it is not engraving, as it doesn’t show any design. But no matter what you think, it is engraved with the En Set.
You might also think this is piece of cake; anyone can engrave this pattern, perhaps yes.

Anyway, I quite sure I got paid better for each cut, than any “Master Engraverâ€￾. Not because my design is better, but because it is jewellery.
Just to encourage any newbie engraver, that cutting straight lines isn’t stupid.

arnaud

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful rings Arnaud, and as an engraver you should know that cutting a straight line is much more difficult then cutting a curved line.;)
How do you fix the gold bands quite tight on their place, by stretching the Ti rings?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Willem , the gold wire is square, so I cut a quite deep one to fit the golden band, bended the gold, put it in the cut on the Ti ring, soldered it and then stretched the ring a bit to fit the right size

arnaud

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice Arnaud. I like the overall texture the lines give the rings. Interesting pattern even though it's random.

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
:tiphat:Very nice rings, Arnaud! Yes, the straight engraved lines add a unique, modern look & it's an original idea too! Groeten, Paulie

Latest posts

Sponsors