CS2 Illustrator Help

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
I have just made several smoke pulls of factory engraving. I would like to use these to make practice plates and to learn to use CS2 Illustrator. What I would like to accomplish with CS2 is to: 1 - select one of these pulls (several are on the same sheet of paper scanned into my PC). 2-Copy and save as an individual file. 3-Make the pull into a negative(positive?)so that the actual cuts are black and not white. 4-Increase/decease size. 5-Save as changed.

Perhaps I am asking too much and/or such a requests exceeds the forums purpose. Thanks for any help or were I can go to find help. Roger

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What type of file are they saved J peg, tiff, etc...

I might be able to vectorize them for you

Carlos De La O III

Andrew Biggs

The way you have described what you want to do........may be easier done initially in Photoshop (or similar program)

Then, if necessary, vectorised in Illustrator.

Cheers
Andrew

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos and Andrew - Thanks

My purpose in this exercise is to learn how to use these and other programs to support engraving not to have someone else provide what I want. I truly thank your offer Carlos. I have saved my scan as a .jpeg I can re-scan or convert to a different file format if needed.

Photoshop - I do not have the full blown photoshop but Photoshop Elements will this work for this exercise? If not are there, like Sam posted CS2 Illustrator, a download of an older version that is cheap or free for the full photoshop? RmG

Andrew Biggs

I have the full Photoshop so I'm unsure about Elements.

In the menu somewhere look for Adjustments >Invert................Invert will take you from a positive to negative and visa versa. Something like that should be fairly standard on most photo manipulation programs.

You can then rub out any background clag that you don't want before trying to vectorise.

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors