Critique request and couple of questions

Dirtdigger

Thank you Andrew!
Allready from the very beginning on this design i had in my mind this contrast with dark grey and bright aluminum from cut parts and was thinking this looks better than it would with removed background and exposed a lot more of that bright aluminum. Shading part i did a couple of lines, but it´s really difficult to make thin lines through this anodizing. At first i have to push really hard to get the point through and when it starts to cut it´s way deep allready and because of that shading lines will be really thick like you can see from those couple ones that i did make.
I know, excuses, excuses... ;)

Edit: Want to add that i did another practice piece before and from that i stippled and blackened the background and made more shading lines, so learning from them has done in the prosess.

Last edited:

McAhron

Elite Cafe Member
I think you are talented at drawing. Many engravers struggle more with the design and drawing than with cutting. My opinion is you should spend a lot more time cutting to drawing,as your drawing skills surpass your cutting.JMHO

Dirtdigger

Thank you very much for this sketch Mike! That first scroll looks so much better the way you draw it, i´m sure to remember it when i´m doing my next design.

Thank you McAhron for encouragement! I have been drawing and airbrushing a bit when i was younger, i think it´s slowly coming back to me while i have been doing these scroll drawings.

McAhron

Elite Cafe Member
Your welcome. I was afraid after I posted that I may have come across offensively. Peace

Latest posts

Sponsors