CorelDraw X5 on Ebay for $59.99

kcrutche

Elite Cafe Member
Gentlemen

I did not want to Highjack silverchips thread and I also do not want to sound like a smart---, But

Why would you pay $80 Xara when you can buy a unopened, unregistered, full version, of CorelDraw x5 on Ebay for $59.99 buy it now price, with free shipping

Do a search on Ebay for, CorelDraw X5 full version

I have heard comments like, I did not buy CorelDraw because is so complicated and hard to learn.

This is not really true

Actually CorelDraw is easy, once you have seen it in use.

At this time I am in the process, of making a video tutorial, on creating a complete gun engraving project, step by step, start to finish for the complete beginner

Kenneth Crutcher

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have heard comments like, I did not buy CorelDraw because is so complicated and hard to learn

At this time I am in the process, of making a video tutorial, on creating a complete gun engraving project, step by step, start to finish for the complete beginner

Kenneth Crutcher

Kenneth, I am looking forward to this tutorial.
Right now I am one of those who repeating the first line.....
Thank you in advance ,
Willem

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Coreldraw is frequently found on eBay for really good prices, and this is certainly one of them. It's also available on Amazon for deeply discounted prices.

unclejim1955

Elite Cafe Member
I bought Coreldraw X5 on e-bay for about 35.00, unopened (no manual). Had no problems registering it and it really isn't too hard to figure out. I got it to use with Sam's monogram system and it works great for that. After using it for a while, I wish I would have bought it a long time ago.

Andrew Biggs

Corel is a good program alright. It will do far more than most of us will ever use but for certain things it's great.

It can be fairly intimidating at first but once you figure out a few basics it works just fine. I did a FEGA seminar in Reno a few years ago about it and to this day I pretty much do the same old with it.

Cheers
Andrew

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have tried Corel and the version I tried was corel 11 but I did not own it.It was a coincidence that I found a brand new vector graphics program at the office supply for that price. It works well and does everything I want plus it is easy to maneuver through so I just was wondering if anyone else had taken that route.Just trying to help others like me looking for alternative solutions to the high cost of purchasing newer versions of a vector graphics program that do what we need them for.It appears that there some great deals on used and older versions of prominent graphics programs and that is great.The one that I purchased is new and I like it.That is what matters.
CHEERS

Last edited:

kcrutche

Elite Cafe Member
Willem

I have heard the same comments, CorelDraw is complicated and hard to learn

When the different tool functions are explained and Demonstrated as I do in my tutorial, I will bet you will agree, It really is easy.

Sam

Text from Chapter 4, of my tutorial, Where Do I Start

" The Essential Guide to Drawing Scrolls by Sam Alfano

The books and Dvd's I have recommended, will show you how to draw scrolls with leaves patterns, Etc.

But Sam's Dvd will show you haw to finish them.

I am of the old school type of Engraving, Arnold Griebel, R. J. Kornbrath Etc

I was not a fan of the new type of shading until I saw Sams Dvd, Sam truly makes them come alive."

You Sir are a true artist

Jim

You did get a good buy

The more you use it the bigger fan you will become

Andrew

I have used Corel since the early 70's and I have barely scratched the surface.

Corel is a very powerful program

Silverchip

I hope I did not come off sounding like a Smart---

If I did, that was certainly not my intention, and I do apologize.

I do not know Xara,

I just meant to point out that you can buy CorelDraw X5 for less money

The Ebay listing is for a New, Unopened, Unregistered, Full version, of CorelDraw X5 (X5 is version 15)

I got a good laugh from the reason for editing your last post

I consider myself a good speller, when my spell checker catches my mistakes on the first try

Many Thanks to everyone that replied to my post.

Kenneth Crutcher

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
For what engravers need as far as vector graphics software, I'd think just about any program will work. What we usually need to do is text manipulation or trace a object outline (gun, ring, knife)., etc. In talking with other engravers, those are the main things they've told me they need to do with software, and those operations are normally quite easy to learn. Getting into complex illustrations is another story and much more time and study is required, but for basic engraving stuff it should not be a problem and Xara, Illustrator, or CorelDRAW should all do just fine.

Latest posts

Sponsors