Announcement: Congratulations to Tira Mitchell

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tira Mitchell is going to be a Bench Pressure Challenge contestant at the Smart Jewelry Show in Chicago.
Way to go Tira!

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks guys! The Bench Pressure Challenge is a competition sponsored by Stuller where 4 bench jewelers go head to head in 3 two hour competitions. Think of iron chef. At 10am each contestant is given the same materials and at noon they judge the outcomes. The palladium challenge is setting a 6mm CZ + up to 25, 1.5mm CZs in a palladium ring. The engraving challenge is a 6mm wide gold cigar band (half round) ring and the setting challenge is 9, 2.5mm CZs in Stuller's new continuum silver in a fish tail design. It will be a bit nerve wracking, but a lot of fun and I should learn a lot too. The idea is to see how different people approach the same task.

Thanks for your words about the poster. I'm not sure who designed it, but it took me over 2 hours with the photographer to get that particular shot. I think she took over 120 pictures or so. I'm just glad it turned out well. :)

Dennis Sprague

Elite Cafe Member
Congratulations Tira on getting into the challenge and best of luck. Remember to relax ,focus only on what you are doing and kick there Butts ! I am pulling for you.
Have fun with it.
Dennis

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
I just seen that Tira was in that as i was looking through the smart show catalog today. I am lucky enough to be there on Sunday with the company i work for.Best of luck Tira.

Andrew Biggs

Hey Tira

Great poster and I was going to ask the same question about the challenge.

I don't know weather I should congratulate you or send commiserations. That's a tough challenge and I'm presuming that you will have an audience........... Nothing like a bit of pressure :)

Good luck and kick some butt!! :)

Cheers
Andrew

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Andrew, No doubt it will be a challenge. I'm just very pleased that I was chosen to participate. Anything further will be a blessing. =)

D Douglas - please stop by to say hello. I'd love to meet you (although not in the middle of the stone setting challenge....) I should be there all day Saturday, Sunday and Monday and then at the events on Sunday night. It's a pretty full social schedule they have for us. A lot of living crammed into 72 hours! Yahoo!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
best of luck, tira. i don't think the others have half a chance against you !

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
Tira, Congratulations and bring home the palladium er gold or what every the top prize is. Your competition has a real challenge ahead. ;-)

Latest posts

Sponsors