Condensation in Hose?

joechambers

I thought I would toss this question out here since many here use the GRS equipment.

I'm currently using one of the older style GRS gravermeisters. Oil operating, 800-1200 strokes a minute. For those of you familiar with this particular piece of equipment, I was wondering what could be causing me to get condensation in the hose?

I do have the set up near the window... Approximately 70 degrees inside the room and 53 degrees outside? Oddly enough for Mississippi it's been colder lately and I've noticed this issue more in previous months than now. Could this simply be condensation build up from the temp difference between the machine and the cool air near the window or am I looking at a different problem that's gonna cause me to pitch a fit... and subsequently clean up whatever I have tossed about? :beat up:

Thank you in advance :)

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Joe,

I've got the same type of "meister" as you have but never observed condensation in the hoses. Mine is in a basement shop, about 68 -70 degrees.

RB

bjiantonio

Joe,
Add a ambient air dryer to your system. They can be purchased for mscdirect.com. I use one on my system and I live in florida and the humidity is 60 to 90% all the time.
The MSC # is LV80166903 They were on sale last month for 69.99
Bob

joechambers

Thanks for the input fellas. I'm going to move the unit away from the window this evening. I have a couple of pendants I will be working on and should be cutting for at least a couple of hours. I suspect that will be enough time for sufficient heat to build up to determine whether or not it was condensation from a drafty window. Otherwise I'll get the dehumidifier. Thanks again.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i don't see a problem if you keep your oil jar at the correct level. make sure the little pipe cleaner wick doesn't slip out of the hole it fits into. and also you should clean the handpiece after using. this way, accumulated oil and sludge will not build up and slow the piston. i made a little fitting that attached to a jelly jar. after each use, just put a couple squirts of naphtha down the bore.
the rotary vanes are graphite, and i don't think a bit of moisture would be a problem there, unless really excessive.