Compressor for gravermach or gravermachAT, would this work?

Andrew Biggs

Hi Mike

Just about any compressor will work.

The big issue is noise.

If you can have the tank somewhere where it doesn't annoy you, the wife, the cats and the neighbors........... then it will work.

If it is going to be in a place where all of the above have to wear ear muffs .................then it won't work and you will go insane trying to make it so.

Cheers
Andrew

mrthe

mike for my palm control i use the one of your second post and work perfect is a silent airbrush compressor, but i don't know if is enough to use it with a gravermax wich minimum pressure and tank you need to run it? this work at max 80 psi and have a 3 lit. tank

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My experience with cheap compressors is that they all work... for a while! :mad: Then you buy a new one which does the same! :mad: Then you do what you should have done in the first place and buy a high end silent compressor and everything is gas and gators! :clapping::clapping::clapping: If you decide to buy the cheapo, start saving for the good one, you'll be buying it eventually. :thinking:

mrthe

My experience with cheap compressors is that they all work... for a while! :mad: Then you buy a new one which does the same! :mad: Then you do what you should have done in the first place and buy a high end silent compressor and everything is gas and gators! :clapping::clapping::clapping: If you decide to buy the cheapo, start saving for the good one, you'll be buying it eventually. :thinking:
Bruce wich one are for you the best ones? Will be great have some reference!

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
I have a smaller tank, loud compressor in my shop, I put it in a closet and lined the door and walls with 1" styrofoam. It has become barely noticible, doesn't bother the customers and doesn't interfere with my conversing, and I'm hard of hearing!

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mrthe
Of the cheap ones I have had, the Sears Craftsman lasted the longest. Huskey's (two of them) lasted the shortest (just past their warrenty period), and the Porter-Cable and Campbell-Hosfield were inbetween. I now have a Val-Aire, which is quiet and running like a champ.
diandwill
I also have a small, insulated, isolated room for my garage compressor, but it is really nice to be able to be portable should the need arise, and a quiet compressor makes that much easier!

mrthe

I will check the val - aire heare and if is it avaible to Spain.
Thank you

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Paolo
The silent air are great compressors, made in Italy I believe , also in Europe is the Jun Air also good unit ihave heard. Val air is a line of the silent air.

Latest posts

Sponsors