Colt Collector's Show - Houston

For those who were unable to attend the show this weekend, you guys missed some beautiful guns! I had the pleasure of meeting some of the forum members (Ron Nott, W.E. Lister Sr., and Bill Gamradt). The auction gun that Bill did was amazing. As good as the photographs I've seen of these guns are they don't come close to doing them justice. Ron's table was beautifully done also. I will definately be attending next year's show and I highly recommend that anyone in the area plan to do the same. You won't be dissappointed. I will post some of the photos I took in the gallery shortly. I apologize in advance for the quality of the photos...

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Michael,

I am looking forward to your pictures. It was a great time there in Houston! In addition to seeing Michael Dubber again (he arrived late but had with him an absolutely stunning piece of his work from the GM class with Lovenburg), I got to meet for the first time, William (Bill) Gamradt and Ron P. Nott. Bill did the exquisite work on the CCA show gun - outstanding! Ron was there with his fine collection of cased, gold inlayed Colts - awesome engraving and an awesome display! I also met the young & energetic Rick Simmons who had some very nice samples of his engraving with him as well.
It was a great trip, I enjoyed it and will be back (next year - North Carolina).

WL

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
Weldon ---- allow me to also offer my big time congrats ! As Howard was my first apprentist and friend of many years, I know he would just love your work as all do. Ken

Andrew Biggs

Yes indeed Weldon did win the Howard Dove Award and here it is. It was for the Indian Colt that featured on the cover of the Engraver magazine issue #78

Not only that........................ but he has also been accepted into the Texas Commission on the Arts’ (TCA) Texas Original program, a marketing program intended to increase awareness of Texas’ craft arts legacy. Only artisans who meet the highest business, quality and artistic standards are granted the title of Texas Original. You can read more about it here http://www.arts.state.tx.us/txoriginal/

Congratulations Weldon...............thoroughly deserved :)

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

• Howard-Dove-Award-006.jpg
    Howard-Dove-Award-006.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congratulations Weldon!!!

I guess from now on you should be signing your work "W. E. Lister, Engr., TO (Texas Original)" Well deserved.

Roger

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A sincere thanks, folks! The Howard Dove is a great award (especially considering where it came from and what it represents) & I am extremely honored!!

WL

Latest posts

Sponsors