Colt 22 Open Tops

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
Hello,

Yes I am still kicking, how be it slower and slower. HoechstLeftShadow.jpg HoechstRightShadow.jpg Carved Ivory 1.jpg
The one with the carved ivory was engraved by Ray Cover, I made and carved the grips, also made the Water Buffalo grips on the silver plated one.

mrthe

verynice work, inlike very much the carved grips too, congratulations!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
you're an alchemist ! you've turned a little gun into a precious jewel.

hpyglf

Bpowley.jpg cover.jpg Here is one by Brian Powley and another image of Ray Cover's work. Finish and grips on both guns were done by Mark Hoechst.

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
World is going Colt 22 Open Tops!

Hello Everyone,
Thank you for the kind complements. The owner of these little 5 3/4" pocket pistols has asked me to post more pictures of his collection. The following one was engraved by Mark Swanson, I made the mesquite grips and put a selective gun metal finish on the steel parts.
SwansonL.jpg
The following three were photographed by the owner. The 1st is another view of Ray Cover's unmistakable scroll work. With a combination of gold and silver plate, and carved ivory grips made by myself.
The 2nd was engraved by Tiheis that has a nickle plate finish.
The 3nd was engraved by non other than Lee Griffiths with a bright nickle plated steel and polished bronze frame. Rrcover.jpg Ttheiss.jpg Lgriffiths.jpg
Do not be surprised to see additional posts of other little pistols as they are finished.
Thanks for viewing,
Mark

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors