Colt 1911 Series 70 45 ACP engraved by Barry Lee Hands

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Finished this one monday and took a pic, thought you might like to see. . .

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Barry, truly unique and beautiful. Where is the hands signature, that is too cool. Thanks for showing.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Barry,
Very nice work! and very pleasing to the eye.
I was wondering if you could explain how you "prep" the gun to do this type of work. Not the cutting or the inlays but the process of getting a blank canvas to start the project. Most 1911's have a bunch of manufacturer’s marks and logos on the slide when they leave the factory. How do you remove them? Sanding? File? Or was this for the factory and they supplied it without those markings?

Donny

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Hey Barry ... great to see your innovative style on another American made classic. I really appreciate all you are trying to do for engraving and I am sure others do as well. Your work has quickly become the most recognizable work internationally and its' perceived value is helping to bring engraving out of the stone age.

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Another killer piece, Barry! A sparkling and beautiful show stopper :beerchug: :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone.
I did a lot of prep work on this one.
One of these days, I will post some pics from the cleanup, it is so very important to get the metal right to start.

mrthe

Wow what great work Barry ,always is apleasure for the eyes see your jobs! congratulations!