CHEETAH's

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

Andrew Biggs

Stunning work as usual Phil.

You can feel the raw power of the pack hunt............love the scroll work as well and the difference in texture from the carved/sculptured fences/detonators to the engraved lines and delicate bulino work.

A real smorgasboard of texture...........fabulous!!!

Cheers
Andrew

Mike Bissell

Elite Cafe Member
Phil - This must be what cheetah's imagine when they think of fast food !!!

Very nice work with all the styles as Andrew said.

Mike

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil,

I repeat here what I said on the Lindsay Forum...

Your are so generous in posting these superb results, and with such clarity. It all comes together in one great artist ... a conjunction of inspiration, experience, imagination, clear understanding of nature in action, artistic ability and experience, a wonderful skill at toolpoint, passion for the craft, the long humble road in taking it to an unequaled plateau.

It is awe inspiring to see the toolwork at higher and higher magnification with no loss of art!

I am very pleased to get the chance to study your work!

thanks

Rod

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Spectacular, Phil. You can feel the rush and smell the dust! Breathtaking.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil, the comments are getting boring I think, I' just got the two books of Ron and now I can better understand the way scrolls are designed, and sure it is no luxury to study some of that.
For me you are absolute the top. :banana:

Always pleasant to see your work

arnaud

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful work Phil, I was smelling what Sam was I thought until I looked outside, West Texas Dust, O'well, Thanks for posting

Dwayne

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil, I' just got the two books of Ron and now I can better understand the way scrolls are designed, and sure it is no luxury to study some of that.
arnaud
Arnaud,
Good luck with the scrollwork. I had chance a while ago to view Ron's book I think it is called "Advanced drawing of Scrollwork" You won't go wrong with that!!
There is a widely known trick when drawing scroll, just rotate it to look at it from a different position and you can see instantly if it's wrong.

Phil