Check out these vises

lesholmes

Elite Cafe Member
I am sure that somebody will find the vises offeed useful, but they have no price info on their web site. That is a serious oversight.

Les

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Not even a price range? The comment about discuss payment options sounds expensive.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i contacted the company and the reply was that the prices were scaring people off and that they "get more contacts without showing pricing". of course, this begs the questions that A) would anybody scared by the price be a serious customer in the first place?; and B) what about the potentially serious customers who DON'T contact you because they're put off by the secrecy over pricing?

for the record, @ $1,000 for the basic bench model, up to $2,200 for the adj. ht. floor model, plus various options, i don't think the prices are at all out of line, nor anything to hide from serious craftsmen & artists. oh well, not my company, not my problem, but yeah, i thought that policy a bit off-putting, too.

bigransom

Elite Cafe Member
I contacted them about the pricing as well, confirming what Mitch states above: three models $1000 to $2200, plus accessories and options.

Their communications looked like they were "new" to manufacture, or the business of manufacture itself. Sometimes folks who have been building and developing a product think when they expand their operation into distribution, that price will be their biggest hurdle to sales. In this case their product appears to be targeted well and priced fairly. Their lacking may be a good copywriter and marketing department or firm.

The vises look pretty robust! I want one for my shop so I can put my truck on it. :)
scottd.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think Mitch has it right,

This is a good idea to use a bowling ball size ball joint as an adjustable position clamp, and sculptors I have spoken with are always interested in an adjustable universal clamp that will position their work and resist heavy hammer blows. I am sure a cash strapped sculptor could make something similar and simpler with a ring type clamp.

Good idea, but not remotely useful as a substitute engravers ball vise, is my humble opinion.

Rod

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors