cantle concho

castagnos&s

hey guys here is a cantle concho I recently made for a saddle customer. He kind of went all out so I got to spend some time and have a lot of fun with this project. sorry about the pictures in advance. Mike

Attachments

• clay carved saddle 007.jpg
    clay carved saddle 007.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 210
  • clay carved saddle 002.jpg
    clay carved saddle 002.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 130
  • clay carved saddle 003.jpg
    clay carved saddle 003.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 108

jcsilver

jcsilver

Looks good, what did you do to attach the concho to the cantle. Did you use a screw or tack it with nails. I don't think I've ever seen that before. For the picture I use a big piece of white cardboard to help take some of the shine out of it. Joe

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
Mike,
Really nice. I envy your customer. I spent a large part of the first half of my life sitting in a saddle. And I had some nice ones--Dale Harwood, Jeremiah Watt, Robert Chavez, Wilford Lewis. But time I got through paying for the saddles I could never afford to add any silver. You are doing beautiful work. Thanks for shareing with us.

Stewart

castagnos&s

Stewart it sounds like you sure enough went for the good stuff. A guy can't hardly go wrong spendin money on the best he can afford. I'm curious as to wich saddle you liked the best? I tried to put up some better pictures but the computer said they were to big and I don't know how to fix them so it will. The pics I got on here really don't do the saddle justice but oh well. Thanks again, Mike

J.C. The concho is attached with a brass wood screw that is how I do most of mine. Steve thanks for the compliments Mike

Last edited: