Question: camera setup for trinoc scope

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Any advise on setting up a camera on a microscope? My main goal is to transmit an image to a tv monitor, but it maybe advantageous to have video capability also at some point. I have a Meiji emz8tr, I've found some ccd cameras and various c mount tubes, but I am not 100% sure what combination of items I need for what I am looking to do? Any suggestions?

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Brian, I have the same scope and have been having the same thought. I hope you get some good answers to your question. I would like to know the best way and least expensive way to do it. I'll bet Alfano knows!

Ed DeLorge

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
GRS had a Meiji trinoc setup with a camera several years ago, and I didn't like the extended working distance of that scope, plus the TV view and scope view are never the same making it problematic for teaching. A common C-mount CCD camera will work, and there's an adapter between the scope and camera that's required. You'll have to find what adapter to get from Meiji. In my case with the Zeiss, it was $700 for the c-mount adapter for a 1/2" sensor camera. I would assume Meiji is less expensive. With Zeiss, you choose the adapter based on what size sensor your CCD camera has.