Camera died

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The old point and shoot isn't giving me sharp focused pictures anymore. Ok maybe it's just the engraving but I still want to blame it on the camera and not my work. Perhaps, it's been dropped a few too many times. So.....it's replacement time. I may even consider a dSLR. This is a huge leap for me, whose last technology advancement was moving from the yellow tiger number 2 of my school days to a part- time mechanical pencil. This brings me to the request of hearing from the masses regarding their favorite camera for recording their engraving. That will be it's primary use. Is used an option? If I do the dSLR thing does it make more sense to buy the body and then one lens and if so which lens? Most seem to come with the 18-55mm. Sam mentioned not too long ago the canon100mm f 2.8L. It's a foreign language but I'm sure I can find someone in my neck of the woods who speaks photoesian.

Last edited:
I'd recommend a Kodak, photo quality is the best and by summer they will be out of the digital camera business. I have two of the same Easyshare Z7590 one with 44,2mm to 55mm lens adapter with schneider 1.4x55 telephoto lens and schneider .7x 55 mm wide angle lens these cameras are around 7 years old and work flawlessly every time.

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Lee,
I like my Panasonic FZ 40 with a Leica lens, it's the mid size and has a good macro. I'm far from a camera geek so I couldn't answer all the questions. I find it user friendly and does what I need from landscape to macro but it won't fit in the pocket. I believe James Miller was using the European model. It's a little over a year old and has an excellent battery life compared to the little Sony point and shoot I was using.
Mark

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
With the quality work you produce, I'd assume you'd probably want to look seriously at the canon rebel eos series or better. I have one that I got three or four years ago and several lenses. It's a great camera. I'm really just starting to use it for taking pictures of my jewelry.