Bulino castings....

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Hello everyone,

I am looking for opinions on what castings to buy for studying Bulino.:graver: I have Chris's castings with his DVD set but would be interested in knowing of any others that would show fine details of the piece they were taken from.

The subject matter of the piece is secondary to the techniques I hope to glean.

Donny

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee Griffiths has some good ones. Check his site for them in particular the grizzly bear scene, lots of different subject matter in that one.

mrthe

Ray Cover Jr. have some excellents bulino castings too,expecially the bulino study example plate where you can see how make, hair, threes, water, clouds, ecc...

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I agree with Tim Wells, Lee's castings are terrific! I have the bear one and his tiger one, and his scroll one.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks guys!!! I greatly appreciate the info!! I got some buying to doooooo!

Donny

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Oops, I plumb forgot about Ray's and I have one of them, duh! Lee was the first one that came to mind but there are several good examples from as many engravers. Sorry bout that Raymond.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Donny, yes Chris's ones come without paint in the cuts, they are great for study, I have some other ones that do have black paint in the cuts, yes they are OK as well to put in a showcase, but not that great for study, as you cannot see the cuts. They are ok for a overall view but I prefer the unpainted ones.

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors