Building a design

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The work in its entirety is stunning but the bulino elephant is the easily the finest I've ever seen! I would dearly love to see this in person when it's completed.

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Does the area I have circled in white pose a problem when engraving this gun? Does it get in the way? Just by looking at the photo, I think it would.

Thanks

Yes it does but it has to be done!

Mark,

The gun was engraved in November 2010, as far as I remember, it was sold a few days after being in the showroom.

Here's a few more pics, I think they might have been posted before though.

Phil

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Phil, just out of curiosity, how many hours did you have into this magnificent gun, and what did it sell for dollar wise?

Another question I have is when you embark on a task such as this do you stay with it until the finish or do you take a break and work on lesser pieces periodically just to take a break.

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Phil
Absolutely stunning scenes, some were there is one every happy client who will get years of gloating out of this one.
Are you sure there are no Italian masters in the family blood I don’t see many that lit my fire as your work does (other than some of the continental work)
Lost for words :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Ray

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil, just out of curiosity, how many hours did you have into this magnificent gun, and what did it sell for dollar wise?

Another question I have is when you embark on a task such as this do you stay with it until the finish or do you take a break and work on lesser pieces periodically just to take a break.

Quite a few hundred hours in this one, I would have to delve into my records to make it accurate.

I usually work on one gun at a time but occasionally I have to split the work.

Ray, as far as I know there is no Italian blood in my family:)

Phil

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you for sharing this magnificent work MR. Coggan, this is a great step by step tutorial for us newbies, very much appreciated,
regards,
Richard.

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Phil,
This is the most stunning step by step I've ever seen in our field, thanks a lot

Latest posts

Sponsors