Bug gun

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I finished this one a little while ago. Since it's completion my dreams are a little more normal...........too bad I'm not.

Attachments

• Copy (2) of DSCF1478.jpg
    Copy (2) of DSCF1478.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 343
  • Copy of DSCF1471.jpg
    Copy of DSCF1471.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 305
  • Copy of DSCF1502.jpg
    Copy of DSCF1502.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 316
  • Copy of DSCF1513.jpg
    Copy of DSCF1513.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 286

canadian

Elite Cafe Member
Great job!
Very artistic and creative.

By the way, what did you use to get your different colors of metal?
The yellow is easy and the reds are common but browns and white are unusual?

Boris

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
Beautifully executed as ususal Lee but I'm sorry man that is just icky, I couldn't even shoot it with that spider there!

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee.
That is fantastic work. I love your stuff as you well know . I missed you at Reno this year but hope to catch up with you this next year. Liz says hello to your lovely wife.

Denny

Elite Cafe Member
Lee - I can see that those long dark Cache Valley winters have taken their toll on you. I suggest sunshine and animals with fur as a potential cure. Kidding aside, that is just beautiful, creative and interesting. I love the little suprises that are contained throughout the work. - Denny

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee

I remember you talking about this project last June. It came out really well!

But I have to agree with qndrgnsdd - that's a uniquely unsafe looking safety. :eek:

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That really looks good Lee. Very original also. I like the way you got the wings to look semi transparent. Do you get the purple color with paints, and what are the different metals?

Scratchmo

Elite Cafe Member
This is WAY cool Lee. Very creative. I love the colors and theme. That's one heck-of-a fly swatter. It reminds me of a banjo I started many many years ago and never finished, but it has butterflies, bees and dragonflies in an art nouveau style. You've inspired me to dig out that project, and maybe I'll get around to finishing it finally.
How DID you get that purple color? I know one of the Oppi Untracht books has a recipe for purple gold but I've never tried it or actually seen any of it.

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Incredible as always Lee!! That is just too cool!!
We like that you're not normal, it makes the rest of us feel better;)

David

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
cool gun Lee, do you ever get down to st. george? I'm fairly new to engraving but love your work and am thinking about taking your advanced engraving course at the end of the year.
Jeff

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is one of the most unique designs i've ever seen Lee. It must be even more amazing to see it in person. The insects are incredible and the butterfly looks like it will take flight any second.

Thanks for posting it.

Peter

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Eye of newt, liver of cat, 4 chicken gizzards (rhode island reds), stir 4 times left and three times right..........................or you can simply rub in colored paint in place of black. Red gold, green gold, silver, yellow gold, sometimes combinations and several glugs of cold blue and several glugs of rust blue along with a whole lot of luck. Leave it up to the color blind guy and you never know what will emerge. I'm ready for spring.

Latest posts

Sponsors