bright cut

zmankay

Shawn, very nice as usual. I was looking at your outer most border and wondered how you made that? It kinda looks like a wiggle cut but each end to end looks more elongated/straight than a normal wiggle cut. Thanks.

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice Shawn, what liners do you use for the scroll shading?
And do you use only liners for that or also single point, to me it looks that the balls of the scrolls are shaded with single point, are they?

Last edited:

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Good question Michael...

Someone started that trend about 10-12 years back and it stuck for some reason.

I do NOT do it unless requested. I figure it will get the patina soon enough on it's own...

Why not enjoy the flash for the short time that it lasts?

A small case full of freshly bright cut bracelets or money clips is something worth seeing. Dulling them down on purpose, not so much...

Shawn is just doing what he's seen everyone else do, or maybe his customers are actually requesting that pieces look antique from the get go.

Kinda like the people that pay extra for stone-washed, worn looking blue jeans. Hard to find the "old" new ones (stiff as cardboard) anymore.

Brian

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Talented and Well Rounded too! Nice new stuff. This is an area I've never tried but I love what you are doing with it. I also like the patina. I think it sets the whole thing off and provides some contrast over standard bright cut.
Layne