Critique Request Bracelet with stone

Caty Blom

Elite Cafe Member
Hello everyone,
This week I started the process of drawing up a bracelet with stone. The bracelet is made ​​of titanium and the stone is put in a silver box that is riveted to the titanium. I send some pictures the first is the design then half the work, then the whole band and then the end result. Comments are always welcome, greetings Caty.

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wow caty, that is just beautiful, what a nice cloured stone you have there and what does your engraving look good, congratulations !!!

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Just my opinion... I would get rid of those flat prongs and go with a smooth bezel. If your stone has a tapered edge, the bezel won't let the stone fall out. Those prongs look like they would snag on clothing. And, they draw my eyes to them too much. Otherwise, I do like your ideas for the bracelet.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
well, i agree in part with doc about the possibility of snagging. but to my eye, the prongs sort of add the notion of strength to the bracelet. just the way my mind analyzes things.

Caty Blom

Elite Cafe Member
Hi, What do you think, do I make the sprongs a little shorter, is that better? I have no glue is used, only the stone pressed steel with a move, he's okay fixed, but I'm still a little afraid of losing the stone. It can also be seen right for decoration? Greetings Caty.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Caty, why not a all way round closed bezel setting for the stone, it would have more class in my opinion.

arnaud

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
I don`t see much wrong with the setting & yes there are other ways that may look better, you need to be careful with "tabs" as they can look abit cheap & nasty.
So long as they have good thickness & are flush to the stone you could shape them to be abit unique & decorate them rather than just polish.
If your planning to incorporate stones into other jobs, it pays to spend time with the setting as you do with the rest of the job.

Sponsors