Borders

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Hello folks,
I was playing with some border ideas. The sterling silver pendents are 1 1/2" in diameter. The left one is a running ribbon border and the other was a simplified leaf form.
Enjoy,
Mark

Attachments

• 20120128_4.jpg
    20120128_4.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 220

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice designs.

Your post doesn't state whether you are looking for critique or not...

The ribbon motif is a bit confusing with the leaves on the inside as well. I think I'd eliminate them if you do something similar again and allow a negative space to break up the border from the central design. The border will then create a nice frame, highlighting your beautiful flower.

If you were looking for critique, excuse my presumption for making these comments. I really do like them and your other work you post.

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks everyone for the kindness.
Bert, I have no problem with critique and I appreciate your input., actually I felt there was more confusion before I put the nick border on the outside and the dots to define the separation of the ribbon and the leaves. You caught me though, it was a doodle in process trying to get more movement from the elements. I do wonder if the shade lines on the ribbon should have been longer but it looks ok as it is. Seems to me that may just be a matter of style or preference. Thanks.
Mark

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
I Really dig the leaves... as for the ribbon i think you all, are right... i also think it would make more sense if it weren't a picture and you could follow the flow while you were holding it. thanks for the post K Frei

Latest posts

Sponsors