Bill Mains

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
I thought I would pass this along for any friends of Bill Mains.

I went to the Bandera Gun Club this afternoon to visit with Bill Mains who spends several weeks there each winter working out of his mobile engraving station. I was saddened to learn that he had passed away early this morning.

Bill was a respected gun engraver who enjoyed a reputation as a very nice person.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the info i've read about him makes me feel as though he would be a friend to anybody. may he leave this troubled world behind and rest in peace.

KBAgee

In response to the posts about the passing of Bill Mains, this is his daughter Kimberly Mains-Agee. Unfortunately I must confirm the sad news that my beloved dad did pass away at Bandera Gun Club on Dec. 28th. As many of you know, he was a great man who knew his craft and did it well. He did what he loved; hand engraving; up through the day he died. He was a legend in the hand engraving world, and he will be deeply missed by many, especially by his family to whom he was the best dad ever! He always spoke highly of the wonderful people he has known around the country at various gun clubs. Thank you for the kind and respectful words and for being a friend to my hero - my dad. God bless you. (Formal obituary and services forthcoming)