Biggest engraving error I ever made

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Mike, if you look closely, you can see the fix, here is a close-up of that part I did inlay.
But the good part is that the tone of the bell is still tuned in G :biggrin:

Peter_M

Elite Cafe Member
Excellent fix Arnaoud, I suppose a nice tig welder would have done the trick also but your inlay worked just as well.

Those darn reflective surfaces :shock: ;)

Peter

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Excellent job Arnaud. It isn't easy to work with bells anyway, but to have to fix and re-engrave gives me a headache just thinking about it. Great job.

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Some of the guys over on the SASS Wire forum are discussing an unnamed engraver that made a big mistake. With the odd way of spelling the name I can see how it may have happened. The post starts out like this:

"Your name is Bil Badd. Your SASS cowboy alias is Baddguy Bil. You contract an engraver to personalize your pistol backstraps with your alias. The results are, "Badguy Bill" What would you do?"

I think the engraver needs to make it right either with a new revolver backstrap or repair the one he messed up. Depending on the skills of the engraver of course.

Idaho Flint

Elite Cafe Member
I would think it would think it would depend on what the client gave the engraver. If they did not specify the spelling then I would say it is more on the side of the client. If the client gave the engraver the spelling for everything, it would be best if the engraver admitted his mistake and made it write with the client.

Mike

david bain

Elite Cafe Member
I read this post a couple days ago.Thought to myself, that's a really good trick.went to the next post.read it again today and started thinking that it would be helpful if other people would post how they fixed their mistakes....Thank you Arnuad for posting this

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
David, sure that would be great, Sam already showed one of his. But the ting is that most members prefer showing their best work, not the mistakes.

arnaud