beginner needing advice about what to buy

tim333

Hi every one,

I run a business selling customised electronic cigarette parts and I wanted to learn some basic engraving to put on my parts.

I want to engrave on to aluminium text and pictures eventually when I've learnt the basics.

I've been looking at the lind say engravers but there very expensive.

What air engraving kit would you recommend on a budget to use solely with aluminium engraving ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance

mtlctr

Elite Cafe Member
ain't somethin' you learn in a day or week or year or maybe never. what ever system u choose to use wont matter one whit without the practice. (and drawing............):hammer:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
any power assisted equipment will be expensive. even used. the tools are well engineered to provide years of service. the e cig thingy is a rather tight curve to learn on. i'd work first on flat, go to larger curves, then the tight ones. aluminum is ( can be) dang cranky to work with. all i can say is i wish you luck in your venture.

Andrew Biggs

Don't do it!!! Stick to your knitting as you are setting yourself up for a fall :)

Farm the work out to a proper engraver and put a mark up on it.

If you are on a budget and want to add value to your product then get someone that knows what they are doing around complex curves. It takes a long time and a lot of practice to get good at it. Otherwise you will just end up selling rubbish and devaluing your product.

Cheers
Andrew

tim333

Thanks for your advice, I did buy a cheap engraving machine on ebay a year ago and practiced a bit now and again. I am going to use a factory in the Philippines now to do laser engraving for them.

I would still like to get a air engraving set and start trying to learn as im sure itll come in handy in years to come and if not it looks quite a interesting hobby. I would of liked to go to some classes but im in the UK and theres not much info or shops over here.

is there other companies than grs and lindsay that make the hand pieces ? I would like to give it ago

Latest posts

Sponsors