Announcement: Basic Hand Engraving Workshop

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Yes, there are workshops coming up. The first one will be held here at the end of April - 27, 28, 29.

This is a 3 day INTENSIVE basic foundation workshop. We cover everything from shop & bench setup, sharpening methods to transferring patterns and the basic cuts that can then assembled into lettering, scroll ornamentation, figures and scenery. Tons of tips and tricks derived from 43 years of doing it for a living.

Cost is $600 - $200 deposit to reserve bench space. (So far, I believe there are 3 spaces reserved out of the 6 available for this workshop.)

If you have some favorite tools you are welcome to bring them, but you really need bring nothing. Practice materials, transfer patterns, and extensive printed notes are all supplied and yours to keep.

If you have not committed to purchasing tools yet, you can usually save more than the cost of the workshop by trying everything available on the market while you are here - finding what fits your hands, wallet, and engraving style/specialty. I do not sell tools. I teach. There are 3 working studios here, so you will also see what "real life" looks like...

First day starts at 8am. After that the students set the starting time and lunch break. We usually work 'till about 5pm and break for dinner. I leave the classroom open (with an apprentice supervising) from 6 until 9pm for those who want to return and practice. Most do take advantage of this.

Gated, secure parking. There are 7 restaurants within walking distance. A private 1 acre park right next to the classroom to eat lunch in if you prefer - groceries, deli and bakery within 4 blocks. Motels within 2 miles. 4 airports - Sac, SF, SJ, & Oakland. If you need more info - email.

Brian Marshall
Stockton, CA USA 95209
209-477-0550
instructor@jewelryartschool.com
jewelryartschool@aol.com

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors