attempt at Marcus Hunt's bouquet

celticjohn

Got Marcus Hunt's DVD / Book and castings. Gave the bouquet a go over the weekend.
drawn by hand onto a 1" sterling silver disc.
Started cutting under the scope but couldn't really judge the depth too well so reverted back to the optivisor. Happy with the outcome. bouquet2.jpg bouquet1.jpg

Last edited:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, I can imagine you are very happy with the outcome, I am very curious to the DVD and book from Marcus but I have still so much to learn that I have delayed this for some time.
But when I see the results of all who have ordered I have my doubts if I am doing the right thing...

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
John, Your off to good start with bouquet, I'm working on the scrolls mainly the inside two tear drop cuts. J.J.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My tear drop cuts are going pretty well, and as I've mentioned elsewhere I finally actually understand what I'm trying to do.
My (current) big problem is getting my scrolls the right size and proportion so I can neatly insert my cuts and leave the leaves / tendrils behind.

I haven't tried a bouquet yet, and as this point we won't talk about anything that might be considered outside work. :eek:

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It looks like a rose...no cabbage there! I've been studying Marcus' DVD and practicing the tear drop cuts with some success but haven't done anything with the bouquets yet. Fine English Scroll has always been a mystery to me, looking so simple yet I couldn't get the "look" when I attempted to cut it. Studying the techniques always eluded me until Marcus simplified it in his study material. Maybe I'll get brave enough to post some examples in the near future.

Bill

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would say, pretty darn nice, John!

You are off to a good start. I am looking forward to getting some time to work with my Marcus kit, and would be happy if I could match this first attempt, John, well done.

Must drop Marcus an email, I am to be in Oxford next week to do some research before going on the Scotland, maybe I can have a wee visit with Marcus, and hear him sing "Streets of London" once more?

Rod

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Rod Have a great trip. Hope you will keep posting here once and a while so we know what you are up to.
Also I want to hear from you when you get back as I still want to head up to your place for a visit. Drink a
Pint of guinness for me and have fun.

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Not looking at all bad. No "cabbage" rose there!!! A couple of points though; 1) make sure you connect your cuts. The petals on the rose bud folds are showing white when they should all be black. It's because they aren't joining anything, so please remember to fill any gaps. 2) the tulip on the left is a bit of an odd shape. If you keep them more like the one on the right you'll be on the right track.

The outside work is looking very good. You've got the idea of keeping it light rather than a solid mass as some folks do. Well done and keep practicing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors