Apple Pencil

pmace

Elite Cafe Member
I just found out the hard way that you have to keep Apple Pencils charged up or the battery dies and cannot be recharged. I had two pencils that I quit using for a year or so and when I went to recharge them they wouldn't take a charge. An internet search tells me that the little battery goes bad if left uncharged for any length of time. Never heard of a battery going bad because of not being kept charged but I guess you learn something every day.

rweigel

Elite Cafe Member
France (north of Alsace, close to Germany)
Apple Pencil One (with lightning plug), I guess… The version two is rumoured to have no battery but a capacitor…

There is another interesting thing about iPads / Apple pencils: do NOT bring them close to Helium gas. It creeps inside and disturbs their clocking devices. My colleague (AP1) and me (AP2) found out the hard way, as both our Apple Pencils stopped working the evening after Helium use in our lab. We went trough a lot of trouble the next day to revive them. I have my iPad banned from work ever since. MRI scanners, NMR spectrometers and a lot of very low temperature equipment is Helium cooled and emits He gas.

Cheers

Ralf

Latest posts

Sponsors