Anyone ever heard of engraver Ken Warren

Jon C. Dake

About 20 or 25 years ago I put together a Hawkins .50 Caliber kit and wanted it engraved. I went to one of the engraving places and all they did is make a little scratch in the patch box cover and not much else. I looked around and found a hand engraver by the name of Ken Warren who lived in Scottsdale, Arizona. He engraved the gun for me (full coverage of all of the brass parts) and that engraving is probably what put the bug in my brain that I would like to be able to do that some day. 20 odd years later, when I finally had the time to do it, I took up the art. The engraving is extremely well done and I hope to be able to do as well someday, although that is still an open question. He was (I think) mostly a gun and knife engraver when I met him. I don't find him here in the local phone directory so I assume that he may have moved. He would probably be in his 60's by now. I think that I remember him saying that he was a welder by trade and on his card, which I still have, he shows Teri Warren also, who I assume was probably his wife, although I am not sure about that.

Last edited:

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Ken has been a noted engraver for a long time. He has been almost a fixture at the SCI shows over the years. I have not seen him for a year or more and have no idea as to his status. He did a lot of work I think for John Bolliger. S

Last edited:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The last info I could find, Fred

Kenneth W. Warren, Engraver
P.O. Box 2842
Wenatchee, WA 98807
Tel: 509-663-6123
Fax: 509-663-6123
Est: 1976
Semi-relief, Sculptured Deep Relief, Restoration, Gold and Silver Inlays.

Jon C. Dake

Thanks guys. Maybe I will drop him a line and tell him that he is at least partly responsible for this expensive little hobby of mine. Whenever I need inspiration I go look at my muzzle loader. He was really a good engraver 20 years ago, so I can't even imagine what he does now. I don't know if he did mine by hammer and chisel or pneumatic (Gravermiester?), but however he did it, he was a true artist then and I'm sure has only gotten better.

steveg33

Ken Warren

I am sorry to inform you that my friend Ken Warren passed away in Wenatchee about 4 years ago. His son has his equipment and was learning the craft when his father passed. He has not done anything public as of this time.

Latest posts

Sponsors