Question: Anyone engraved a Mossberg 20 ga. O/U?

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Has anyone here tried to remove the horrible Laser "engraving" from a Mossberg "Silver Legacy" series of over/under shotguns? The metal is a dull silver casting that is magnetic and does seem to take a graver pretty easily. If I draw file the surface, any ideas on how to return the surface look? I like the soft silver look and would rather not blue the action. I suppose I could French Grey the action after engraving, but that would make the cuts dull also, wouldn't it? I did a few tiny cuts in a hidden spot and they seemed OK.

I can't find anything on the internet nor at Mossbergs website, about removing the stock. I assume that to remove the action from the stock, you must first remove the buttplate and then a screw within the stock will free the action. Is this correct?

Any help appreciated.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Doc,I went through my Numrich and Jack First firearms parts catalogs but could'nt find anything on Mossberg Silver Legacy,pump shotguns but no O&U's.Take the butt plate off and look for the bolt that holds the stock on the action. J.J.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You're correct. I meant a Silver Reserve. "Silver Legacy" was the hotel we used to use in Reno for the FEGA conventions!

Latest posts

Sponsors