Another simple useful solution

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Seems you liked my previous one about simple and useful.
That doesn’t mean that I think that it has to be simple to be understood.

I was working on a chrome card hold to show my version of Lee Griffith shading practise, I have some of these and it is easier to use since I have no practice plates. And that way at least the canvas is something useful.
Not that much of a problem using the En-Set to cut Chrome but.....

I was already half way when I realised I had to find a solution to hide the reflection of the chrome. As I have the “Authentic & Original Sam Alfano Transfer Wax” I thought that could work. And yes great.
I could see better the cuts and still being able to find the balance between the blacks and whites.

Yes I know, it is that simple, but if you do not have that information, you have to invent the hot water once again.

The other shading practice on the chrome zippo wasn't done using the transfer wax.

arnaud

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
I like that very much. And the Zippo looks great also, but Arnaud, you shouldn't smoke. ;~)

Also a light coating of transfer wax to dull the shine while cutting should also act as a cutting lubricant.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It looks good Arnaud. I use plasticine to dull the shine. If you just rub it on the surface it will dull the reflection and leave the lines easy to see.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes Tira I know that one as well from Chris but I forgot it on the road. And sure that is even more simple than Sam's, but I wanted to do him a favor for his transfer wax.
But thanks anyway for the tip.

Arnaud

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Plasticine is fine. Unless you are working w silver. Most plastecenes will tarnish silver. (silver content?)
I have also had plasticine poison my silicone molds... Tho I hear others who have never had a problem.. I have.
I even suspect that transfer from some tools onto a wax contributed to one mysteriose poisoning.
Course, if you do use plastecenes, and want to do a mold. No reason you can't wash it. ;)

mrthe

Thank you Brian for the translation in Spanish great detail hehe
Before buy the Sam's Wax that work great me too i used modeling clay that is work well and for drawing in the plate too ,pick in it the modeling clay and after a little of talcum powder, but now only i use the wax

Latest posts

Sponsors