Another Flute Crown

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Playing with the colors of Autumn.
A lesson in machining, copper and gold inlay, and some stone setting.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian,

These end cads will go down very well with the silver flute world, congratulations in upping the bling and pop! I like them!

With such a nice array, you could add another option, imbed a small red laser in the endcap, and arrange to point the beam at the table of loud listeners if you are playing a club audience? The dancing red dot on the table top would surely stop the conversation? Just kiddin!

But I used to open for Sony Terry and Brownie McGee in the 1960's. When some folk would get a bit sloshed, and talk too loud, Brownie would end the song, light a cigarette, take a long, slow drag, then stick the cigarette into the end of a string end on the top of the fingerboard, then let the smoke drift up. I swear than never failed to bring silence, and rapt attention.

Too bad I don't smoke.

best

Rod

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
"The stonesetting is a bit amateurish". Yep, that's the FIRST thing I thought of when I saw these crowns! Yeah, right! You've got to be kidding! This looks great. I may not know a lot about the finer points of stone setting, but then neither will most of your customers. The work looks very professional and finely finished.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks! It's still a work in progress----I've already had one expert tell me they are "Tacky and Tasteless". Another expert said the stonesetting was "not only non-traditional--it's just flat out wrong."
C'iest la vie.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
@ Haraga...I'm learning how to flush mount (Gypsy?) stones. Since the area is slightly domed and only about 3/4" wide, I think flush mount would make the work even more attractive.
Pave setting would also be a stellar feature.
Taking baby steps here.

Latest posts

Sponsors