another craft underway

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I needed a model so I ripped off my shirt, looked in the mirror and then decided I'd better tone it down just a tad.:) No use overdoing it.

Attachments

• DSC_0060.jpg
    DSC_0060.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 346

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Glad you toned it down a bit, Lee. You're FAR more ripped than that.
Fantastic engraving!! :thumbsup::beerchug:

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
In the interest of full disclosure and truth in advertising, I thought I should post the first drawing.

The updated photo is with some needed corrections I saw in the first photo. I suspect a number of you saw a problem with the eye and were too kind to point it out. Doggone computers make some things unforgiving. I just didn't see it with the optivisor, but blow it up on a computer and nose hair can be evaluated.

I do most of my work with an optivisor but the computer has pushed me to work details and corrections with a higher magnification.

I have always felt that the best work is executed when a combination of lower and higher power optics are used. Higher magnification alone causes a person to become lost in the details and the overall composition, design, and value (lights and darks) pattern will often suffer. Lower magnification leads to disappointment when the piece is blown up (pun sometimes intended and other times literal.....) on a computer or enlarged for print or viewing. If a piece is always going to be seen with the naked eye only, then an optivisor might work.

Attachments

• DSC_0062.jpg
    DSC_0062.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 271
  • File1.jpg
    File1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 271

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Lee,

Well at least you kept the piece true to life, the fact that berserkers cut off their nipples is little known. It must have something to do with their general attitude. It must have been difficult to maintain the perfect likeness on the finished piece to the original drawing.

Bob

Last edited:

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee,

Another masterpiece from the master, and delivered to us with your usual humor and understatement!

As well as having your rock hard 'six pack', the character bares a striking resemblance to Hulk Hogan, the TV wrestling star. My sense is that he would pay top dollar to own it, and he could afford it?

best

Rod

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Rod,

Six pack? More like the whole case, that feller has the body and loathing gaze of a cracked out steroid junkie, very scary! :eek:

Bob

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
So you are saying the first drawing is a good likeness?

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Well, Lee,

We never met or I’m sure I would recognize you. Do people seem to ooze out of eyesight when you show up? Has anyone ever jump out a window not to cross your path? Do children cry when you look at them? If you answered yes to any of these questions then yes you nailed it.

Bob

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the entire engraving community should "bow and scrape" before you, sir. not enough words in my collection to describe your art ! just captivating !

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
These are a couple of my workout partners. The other day they became slightly annoyed. I think it was something about who was paying for the veggie burger or maybe it was quiche. I really didn't want to get involved.

Attachments

• DSC_0065.jpg
    DSC_0065.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 80

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Lee,

It was probably wise to avoid involvement, Spartan’s can be real sticklers about protocol.

Bob

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Looking cool Lee, I had to laugh when I saw your theme. I am working on close to the same thing, originally it was the same theme, but I did Spartans a few years ago and couldn't think of anything different from what I had already done. So we changed to gladiators, kinda the same but different.

But yeah, I was at that same veggie bar (I typically stay away from rough places like that) and this is how the fight ended up. Needless to say there was fat free dressing and hummus everywhere!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors