Another Buck knife for practice

tim wolf

Elite Cafe Member
IMG_0393.jpg
Hi,
I really love steampunk art, so i inspired my design for this knife on it. There's some yellow gold and copper inlay(wire0,3mm).
Tools needed for the job: paper and pencil for the design, gravermax with a 120 carb graver, microblock, flats for removal, carb point for stiplling at 6200rpm and last but not least some good advise from my friend Bram Ramon. Thanks again Bram, i hope i didn't dissapoint you to much on my shading job!!
Greetings,
TimWolf

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mooi werk Tim!! Great job Tim, that´s really quick after your previous knive, was these already in progress??
Otherwise you can work very fast.
Ik like the design and I like steampunk as well, you are very lucky to have a friend ¨next door¨for advise and help.
Altough.... he doesn´t hold your hand while cutting, so congratulations with this result.

tim wolf

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Willem!
My homestudio was closed during the week so i could work every day on it. It takes me about 50hours to finish it. That's just my way to spent all my free time, don't know the wife is so happy with it:)

Peter_M

Elite Cafe Member
My practice sure doesn't look like this, I need someone like Bram next door ;)

Very nice!

Peter

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tim,

An excellent design and execution, congratulations!

I trust you are making sure that you are choosing a high quality knife that matches your work, I am told this is a must by those who know?

Best wishes

Rod

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks great Tim, I like the design as well. Good to hear you had some good advice from Bram.
Seems our small country "Belgium" have their members well represented in the cafe.

arnaud

tim wolf

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks all!
I really enjoyed doing this one. I loved my design but
i have to admit i was unsure about it, so i'm glad you like it!

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Tim you really blow me away again!!! Stunning design and some good shading!! And even without me you would make a superb engraver!! I'm old school teaching, classic ornament etc, but seeing this and knowing how it came together i really do like it!!

And about the Belgium engravers at the dutch speaking part we are very thin layered, here in the French speaking part there are still quit a lot and some of them are extremely good but almost no one knows them, these Master engravers who just stay in their shop sometimes in very poorly conditions doing their work are real artists!

Last edited:

Eugene Carkoski

Elite Cafe Member
I really like that, kind of reminds me of some of the work the Mexican artist did. I think his name was Rivera, kind of an industrial art nouveau like I say I like it.

Latest posts

Sponsors