Andrew Jackson coin carving

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Here is a 3 inch, 5 oz. silver coin carving I did with an Andrew Jackson portrait. The photo is lower res, sorry, the lines in the hair got fragmented.

Attachments

• IMG_6954 (1280x974).jpg
    IMG_6954 (1280x974).jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bravo, an inspiration and shows the remarkably high standard that is achievable by a Master. I use the term very selectively.

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks everyone. My work reflects the Medallic field that I've been in my entire working life. I always saw the nickels as miniature art medals, but these 3 inch coins really are like one of a kind medals. The 3 inch allows you to do a decent portrait like what you might see on a struck piece. Mike, PA sits well with me here in GC, but my wife is not totally convinced. She does like the State College area where we have a cabin in the hills. Who knows, we may end up there eventually.

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's fabulous work. Where can I go to see the coin as originally struck? It would give me a better idea of the changes you've made.

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
It is the America The Beautiful series 3 inch , 5 oz. silver coin. This side would have had the common Washington side view portrait design. The only thing left is the lettering. The other side is Hot Springs National Park. You can view the Washington image on the US Mint site or Google under images. In a case like this I am not using the image to create something else, but instead creating a whole new design related to a Hot Springs theme. Andrew Jackson set aside this site as a national park.

Latest posts

Sponsors