Anamorphic illusions

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Not engraving related, but well worth a look!

[video=youtube;tBNHPk-Lnkk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tBNHPk-Lnkk#![/video]

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
on a vaguely related note, over the years i've often noticed that some photos of knives, guns, etc., in magazines & books were not shot from the same viewing angle as displayed in print. for better lighting, composition, camera postion, etc., the photographer might have been shooting the object upside down, sideways, or whatever. sometimes when you rotate the page, the image will suddenly 'line up' how it's supposed to.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sam- you're not supposed to eat that balding wax ! better stop before it's too late.

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Sam that was too much time free to surf youtube your good lady could have you mowing grass or cleaning out the gutters or she may like you to take her shopping and a nice meal :rolleyes:
Ray

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I downloaded the images and printed the Rubik's Cube on 8.5x11 heavy weight matte photo paper. Then cut out the "top" area with an Xacto blade as per the one in the video. I can sort of get the illusion to work but not quite as nice as in the video. The cube appears to change in height but doesn't get to look just like a cube. I have tried various viewing angles, etc. Maybe it needs to be printed larger. But, you'd figure it would work at any size. My grandson was wowed by the video however. :)

Latest posts

Sponsors