Critique Request Acid engraved knife

Paulo Correia

Hi. One more of my engraved knifes. I'm doing acid engraving for a couple of months and would appreciate the forum member's critique. Thanks.

Kindest Regards,
Paulo Correia

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Paul,
Your technique with the acid is good.
You should now concentrate on improving the design of the leaf ornament to give it a little more impact and appeal.
You may consider putting a more graceful curve in the main stem, and avoid straight or crooked lines whenever possible.
I hope this helps.

Paulo Correia

Thanks a lot for your critique Mr. Barry. I sure do appreciate your work especially your deep relief engraving technique, and once again thanks for the time you spent looking at my engravings.

Kindest Regards,
Paulo Correia

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
in addition to what barry mentioned, i feel this design just doesn't "belong" on a knife of this shape. i'd try something very bold. perhaps geometric , even. maybe celtic, viking, something that can stand up to that sawtooth edge. delicate, i feel doesn't go well here. not with the saw edge.

Paulo Correia

in addition to what barry mentioned, i feel this design just doesn't "belong" on a knife of this shape. i'd try something very bold. perhaps geometric , even. maybe celtic, viking, something that can stand up to that sawtooth edge. delicate, i feel doesn't go well here. not with the saw edge.

Thanks for your critique Monk. You are right about that, I just made that drawing, with the dove and the olive branches because it means peace and hope, and that little knife is for my 12 years old soon. Maybee I should had arranged the leaves to match the sawtooth.

Kindest regards,
Paulo

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a great gift for your son. he will surely love to use the knife. perhaps try his monogram or name.in a bold sort of font. no matter what you end up doing, your son will cherish such a gift.

Latest posts

Sponsors