A Watch Dial

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
This is a 14K watch dial I finished for MW. The case it's in is just for effect it isn't the case it wioll go with. The dial markers will be added where the holes have been drilled.

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Chris
excellant job. I remember one of my first engraving class was at GRS and you was my instructor ( around 2002 ). You was showing us a new process ( bulino ) you was working on. And now I look at your work 10 years later you was a great engraver than however you have continued to improve and expand your knowledge
Thank you for sharing with us.

bill Rice

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Definitely some of the best oak leaf engraving I've seen to date. Superb in every respect.

bigransom

Elite Cafe Member
That is exceptional, Christian. As a watch collector and afficianado, I can say from experience that is a truly unique piece.
scottd.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks great Chris, the oak leaves almost look real, especially now that over here it is autumn.
I'm thinking after all, one day I will have to travel a bit your way to sharing some quality time and some chickens.

arnaud

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
:tiphat:Wow, indeed Christian:thumbsup: I agree with some other fellow's here: the best oak leaf sculpting that I've seen so far, and especially on that small scale!! :clapping::clapping: Paulie

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Thank You all for your comments I appreciate them. The reaction for this is unexpected. I do and always have liked the oak leaf engraved. I have done a couple of other dials but not in relief and they always had some scroll with them. This time I decided to not use any symmetry and just started drawing on the dial. The dial is only 0.5mm thick which is about 20 thousands. I had to remove it from the brass plate it was glued to and anneal it and flatten it a few times. Due to it being so thin the metal warps.

Chris

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Chris, your talent just continues to amaze me. You always knock the ball out of the park.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Latest posts

Sponsors