A Tribute to Ken Hunt

BES

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Marcus!

Hi Marcus!

Excellent Video!
Good reading The Master and the Wizard and the people's opinion!

Marcus You can be proud of in this Life!
You have a Great Father!
And I'm sure Your Father is proud of You!

You both have something to say and something to show People!

Unlike blown film stars and showbiz stars who appear quickly and fade quickly, because in their hearts there is no Spark of God!

Your Father is a Spark of God!

Thank you for the excellent link

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
That's a darned nice video of your dad Marcus. :thumbs up: Thanks for sharing it with us. I sent it out to about 30 of my buddies too. :big grin:

txtwang

Elite Cafe Member
What a touching tribute. I'm sure you're as proud of your Dad as he is of you...
Thanks for posting this
Jerry

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Marcus,

I was quite moved, watching this video, it took you to the heart of the man in a straightforward and elegant manner, and evoked memories of cracking jokes with you and your dad over dinner in Kansas, later swapping songs ( you sang "Streets of London")as he sketched rapidly in his commonplace book, capturing fast yet accurate images of us all. Through the day, at that GM weekend, he was an open book, happy to do little demonstrations for any who had a question, come one come all, and mostly push graving english scroll on steel, freehand.

Are you coming to Reno? I could throw a spare mandolin in my van... , although I am torn, as there is a very big concert next weekend at the Royal Academy of Music, London, in memory of the Viscount St Davids. I made him twenty one flutes over the years, and two ivory ones will be played by world class artists, plus singers from Convent Gardens. Should really go over to be there in London, but will probably not, and instead sing Country and Western in Reno.

best

Rod

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here's a few more pictures that are not on my thread "A tribute to Ken" posted about six months ago.

Phil

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mighty nice piece, the love your parents share was worth the making of the video alone. The engraving was the icing on the cake.

capece rocco

Elite Cafe Member
hello Marcus
your father is the best engraver in the world ,why we don't find a book with his work ?
bye Rocco

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
EXCELLENT video. Looks like an enchanting home your family has Marcus.

There are a few of Ken's guns in "Steel Canvas" by R.L. Wilson I had long admired, and there are more in "British Gun Engraving" by Tate.

I would love to have an entire book featuring Ken Hunt!

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
I can't think of anything else to say but Wow. Just another example of how the engraving field is populated with real people. Thanks for posting.

Joe Paonessa

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
I watched it twice. What a nice and well deserved tribute. Marcus, thanks for sharing that with us.

Stewart

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Marcus,Thanks for sharing the video of the tribute to your father,my first introdution of your fathers beautiful engraving was in the Modern Firearm Engraving by Mario Abbiatico.I thought that was quite a tribute being the only one in the book not Italian.J.J.

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
Ha, I was just trolling through youtube, searching for engraving bits and pieces and came across the same video. I was going to post a link here but found I was a tad late! ;)

You are definitely your father's son Marcus. ;) Fantastic video! :thumbsup:

All the best,

Jo

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Marcus, thank you for posting the link. I really enjoyed watching it, Your father seems like a gem of a man. Beautiful work. Like someone else posted, I wish there was a book of his work.

Dwayne

Latest posts

Sponsors