A Texas stlye engrave-in?

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
I have been trying to figure out how to get out to North Carolina for the engrave-in. I realize that if I'm going to show at Fega this year I need to watch my budgeting. So I guess I'll have to try for next year on that one.
Would any of you Texans like to get together for a weekend? My house isn't large enough to host too many folks so I was thinking maybe in central Texas somewhere. Austin, Waco, San Antonio, etc. We could rent a VFW of church meeting hall. It would of course be open to all folks (Even Okies). Any interest?:thinking::thinking:

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
I might be, but it cannot be the summer, when it gets hot we spend most of that time in Ruidoso. I also have to make sure my wife is available, I don't drive, I am half blind and crippled, you don't want me on the road. I have nothing to offer, I am still in the reading ad learning stage, but I am willing to sit and watch.

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
The first thing that comes to mind is Texas BBQ! That, and brisket tacos with cilantro and lime. :) My son lives in Irving... so, you never know... maybe you'll allow Yankees to come? :)

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
I wouldn't want to be involved with anything that didn't welcome everybody. If worst comes to worst and there isn't much interest I will hold an event in Fort Worth in the fall of 2014. There will be barbecue!

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
We need to set it up at the WHC.
We could maybe set our tables up in the midway. We could pitch in on a tent and a Port a Cool and /or Port a Potty!
Mother's Day Weekend ,Y'all who are unitiated.
THE WORLD'S LARGEST BIT AND SPUR SHOW in Texas!
We'd need to get with Barney, NOW !, and reserve some space.
Make yourself useful Dogcatcher and pass the hat!
You can also call Barney and get us set up.
A $10 donation for each attendee should cover our space and ice, cokes etc.
We could set up engraving stations like at the FEGA show, jewelry making station, spur forging, maybe, due to the liability leather stamping, etc.
Maybe Barney would give us space for demoing.
Years ago, we did a RS show in Houston and slept in the chuckwagon teepees. We had 6" of water in the floors!
Should have gone to WallyWorld and got some of those pool floats!
Post your mailing address DC and I'll send you my dues, since you are hereby elected the treasurer of our new organIzation. AND President and Janitor etc. etc...
MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND Y'ALL! ABILENE, TEXAS!! :shock:
YEE HAW!!

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
Looks like I am probably out, Mother's Day Weekend I will be in Arkansas for my unit reunion from Vietnam. I won't know for awhile if there is any chance of skipping it, there are only a handful us left from my tour dates. I have to see who is going to the reunion for sure before I can commit.

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
Everyone that is even thinking about Abilene on Mother's Day weekend better get motel reservations made NOW. All 3 Universities have graduation that weekend, along with the Western Heritage Classic there will be no rooms at the inn if you wait too long.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Cowboy did you say all that in one breath. ..hahaha

I'm in Laredo, Austin would be great even San Antonio, and we can have ourselves a carne asada! But on mothers day:(

My girls won't approve my leave....

During spring break?

By the way Gerry is also in Austin

Carlos De La O III

Last edited:

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
I hollered at Bobbi Jo ( Barney's BOSS) and she said ,MAYBE, we could do it as an educational thing.She was thinking, maybe, we can get the space between the two buildings for us to use.
I'll be teleconferencing with Barney Friday morning.

Last edited:

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
I have a building in Brookshire texas big enough to pull this off, (not lodging) and would be open to most dates that im not offshore. I like the idea of whc also. Brookshire texas is between Houston and san Antonio on I10. may would be ideal for me.

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Griff
I may be going to Magnolia this weekend. Delivering a 50 lb. LG to a bud.
Maybe we can get together for coffee, as I turn off past Brookshire.
Are you with HABA? If so, Richard is getting a new play toy! He is joining us, starting with Weldon's school this month.
Jeff

Texasgerd

Elite Cafe Member
The Gerdes' would be in for meeting at Abilene. The family was there for 3 years and still have tons of friends there. Great town, and everyone must tank up on the Prme Rib at Sharon Allen's...yummy!!

Dan

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
I just spoke to the organizer of this show

http://texasguncollectorsshow.com/

And he said that he'd be happy to have us. This show is all antique firearms, and has a great venue in the Fort Worth Stockyards. The show is on Oct. 17-19 2014, and there is a hotel adjacent to the venue. It's not really the laid back "get to know each other" weekend that I had envisioned, But it could be fun to do the show, check out the stockyards and maybe have someone give a lecture about the finer points of engraving.

yxrancher

I will be at that show and highly recommend it. For those who haven't been to Ft. Worth's - Cowtown, well it is a blast and lots of fun.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm signing up for a table at the Ft Worth show anyway...
Berkshire sounds good also. I can offer 25 acres, a large house and a BA BBQ pit if you want to have it at my place near Austin.

Abeline would be a stretch but if we could carpool I'd be in.

Jesse.beckham

Elite Cafe Member
I would be interested in a Texas get together. I love to get the chance to meet some of y'all. I'm in Wichita Falls, but after driving every weekend between lubbock and Wichita Falls all of 2013, I'm not worried about a drive, and would be more than happy to pick anyone up on the way.

Jesse Beckham
Lost Penguin Leather
Wichita Falls, Texas

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm signing up for a table at the Ft Worth show anyway...
Berkshire sounds good also. I can offer 25 acres, a large house and a BA BBQ pit if you want to have it at my place near Austin.

Abeline would be a stretch but if we could carpool I'd be in.

When's the show?

Carlos De La O III

Latest posts

Sponsors