a recent william henry.

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
O.k. my $80 camera is'nt cutting it lately. anyways here is a william henry that i finished recently. thanks for looking:biggrin:

Attachments

• SAM_0083.jpg
    SAM_0083.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 653

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
your shading here makes this just jump into the 3rd. dimension. dynomite job !

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jeff,

Spectacular! You're are a heavy hitter, no going back now.

Quite the labor of intensive love, with this high quality gold background, and splendid scroll design.

Maybe we should all move to Utah, could it be all that desert and mountain air, or is it the gravitational force of the combined artistic mass of you, Sam W, Lee G, and who else is carving away in your state. Or maybe my theory is quite wrong, and it is just that you are all individually really good, and would be good in any state?

Anyhow, congratulations!

Rod

Last edited:

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful work! I have a question for you about the edges (borders) in between the gold and steel. Are the edge lines all in the gold, all in the steel or half and half? Please get a better camera - I'd love to see more detail and better pictures! Thanks.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Jeff,

Just a dang fine job!!! How much time would you say you had in it?

Donny

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
"Rod, it was all the nuke testing that took place. Fred"

You may well be right, Fred! I used to think it was the wonderful air in Utah and Montana, then I thought it was Lee's healthy diet, but Sam W's diet is much like my own. So are you saying, Fred, if I wish to become as great as those fellows, I should pop some radium pills? Maybe I will be a coward and just practice more with pencil and paper.

best!

Rod

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
thank you everyone for your kind comments.

Tira, after i inlay the gold and file and sand it smooth I cut out the border lines right into the gold on the edge of the steel..

Mark, If william henry sends me pics of the completed knife i will be sure to post them.

Donny, I believe I have around 50 to 60 hours into this knife.

thanks again everyone for looking. Sam and Tim, it was nice to meet you guys in Emporia...

Latest posts

Sponsors